PG Music Home
hello,
I don't know if we've already discussed this little problem.
I noticed that when using BIAB's tuning and/or tone correction options on reals tracks, there is a sort of portamento or glide.
for me it's very significant and it's noticeable when listening in BIAB or when exporting the track in audio in drag&drop, however it disappears when exporting the RT in midi...
am I the only one hearing this or is this already listed by P.G.
I tried to post 2 mp3 files of acoustic piano, but it was not possible ?
Thank you
phil
Hi Phil,

One way to post examples is to upload your files to a free cloud storage account like Dropbox, Box or Drive and then post a link to the file(s). Have you tried the "Fix Sour Notes" in the Audio Editor? If not, what PG Music tuning and tone correction options are you using?
hello, I use in track settings "auto-fix sour notes"
ok here are the links

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3rtxidy8w1so962ytsaxq/1-Utility-N-11_Real-1729-Piano-with-correction.mp3?rlkey=g4g6jc56yrhtkaywqpn6krkuz&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vrm6l8skf8uyiwbmyzniw/1-Utility-N-11_Real-1729-Piano-without-correction.mp3?rlkey=ziocchq9r27ox7l93y5ijlhwm&dl=0

Thank you
In the 21 sec mp3 with corrections I can hear the sound you're mentioning. It almost sounds like somebody moving a pitch wheel while playing an electronic keyboard.

I also listened to the 43 sec mp3 without corrections and I did not hear any of the pitch wheel effect.

This may seem like a silly question but why was correction applied in the 21 sec mp3? I ask because based on the 43 sec mp3 example it doesn't seem any correction was needed.

I have not experienced the pitch wheel effect so I'm at a loss what to advise.
hello Jim,
Every time you start your song, BIAB can give a different interpretation if you don't freeze the tracks, sometimes it's exactly what you want and sometimes it's not.
I know there is other possibilities on a track to correct exactly the part that is problematic which works very fine (F7...).
I saw this tool as another possible correction of interpretation or a proposal...
I'm too much of a perfectionist, it's a big flaw °/;-)
BIAB adds these artifacts randomly and I just wanted to understand.
If I have time I will do 1 or 2 tests to see.
Thanks for your time
© PG Music Forums