PG Music Home
Posted By: Paj Auto-Chord Wizard Buttons/Menu items - 07/07/12 04:46 PM
Someplace around PT11 or 12 the Autochord Wizard and Chord Wizard buttons and menu items disappeared for this feature, as described in the Help file. I reported it about a year ago but I probably should have posted it here.

Menu/button access to this feature should be restored.

You can still access the feature by right-clicking on the chord display area (not menu bars, thumb ribbons, or margins) of the Chords window.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.p...amp;Search=true

Paj
8^
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Auto-Chord Wizard Buttons/Menu items - 07/12/12 05:09 PM
I don't have very many complaints about this product. I love it. But one legitimate complaint I do have is the fact that NOT EVERY FUNCTION IS AVAILABLE FROM THE MAIN MENU

Far too many things can only be implemented from a button hidden on a dialog that is accessed from a right click on a feature that is not clearly marked as the portal for hidden commands.

I guess that's the price of having a feature rich app... too many commands to put in one place.

For that reason, I like the idea of a main menu that works more like an alphabetical search engine. Instead of having the usual FILE-EDIT-OPTIONS etc menu format (where you have to guess which topic the feature you want might be hidden under) you'd just search alphabetically from one text entry box.

Just enter a word that describes what you want to do, and all of the commands related will appear (much like the help screen accesses topics)

Within a couple of clicks you could find any feature. Keyboard shortcuts could be shown beside each feature so people with a good memory wouldn't have to search. Plus, the same feature could be linked to many words, so if you want the command for editing audio, you could type EDIT or AUDIO and the correct command would show up for both searches.

The use of a single input box that could activate any command would free up a LOT of screen real estate currently used by icons and menus. Based on OOP principles, it could share a lot of code with the help system.
© PG Music Forums