So now I see RealBand has a more eloquent "feel" I would like to use it more, like I use Cakewalk.

But I am confused by basic functions I have never used because I never felt a need to look for them until now.

1.) What is the "master" and where is it?

In Cakewalk, the master track is called, well, MASTER, and everything goes there unless otherwise indicated (if you sent it to another buss first),.

On the mixer panel I see I bunch of stuff like A1, A2 and so forth, and tracks pegged as A1 if they AUDIO and S1 if they are midi.

But what if I want the midi tracks also to go to the Master (or even set up a master.) How is that done????

I click on S1 and A1 and I see no signs of a place to change routing.

Is A1 master by default?

Can you send midi tracks there as well, if you want a VST on the master, like you do in Cakewalk with one click?

Where is this layout in the manual???????

Is there are section in the manual that says:

"Hey, yo, I know you need a master buss, here is how you set it up, here is how you make a drum buss and route it to the master, and here is how you send a midi track to the master or another buss first and then to the master, but rest assured, they will all end up at (A1) or whatever, because that is the master master! We know that is all you need to record and mix so here is how you set that up!!"

Maybe it is there but I don't see it simply explained in one up front location.

I typed in "routing" in the search bar of the manual pdf and did not find it. I looked in the Mixer Chapter and saw everything else but. I read that there are all kinds of cool things but not much HOW TO.

Any help appreciated.

I do not want to :"give up" this time.

smile

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RB Mixer 1.png (267.28 KB, 176 downloads)
RB Mixer2.png (271.82 KB, 176 downloads)
RB Mixer3.png (264.2 KB, 176 downloads)
RB Manual.png (536.35 KB, 3 downloads)