Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Why Andrew Scheps Mixes on Cheap Headphones Mike Halloran 21 minutes ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I'm a longtime fan of the MDR-7506 since they were introduced in 1991. Although I have mixed on them in a pinch, I would never use 'em for my final. I don't have an issue with the 'phones wearing out except the ear pads and those do disintegrate in a year or two. All of mine have these now. Auray Genuine Sheepskin Leather Earpads (Pair) The Steven Slate Audio VSX Headphone Mixing System, OTOH, works quite well for me. I can trust these. Most of my work is done on a pair of very nice Equator monitors with a sub. When I have a mix sounding great on those and the VSX, they will translate to anything.
Replies 10 Views 297 Read More
Bewildered cubanpete 33 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Hi, this is a tune I just re-mastered from 2016 and not quite sure i posted it back then, all the midi sounds were done using a Ketron SD2 which I used to use most of the time and loved it, it has a great sound banks. Can't us[/color]e it anymore because connectivity issues. Anyway, here is: [color:#33CCFF] [url=https://www.bandlab.com/revisions/d033ea4b-3f16-ef11-96f5-000d3a425266?sharedKey=gepL3AjVOEyeeMGddVJgMQ]Bewildered[/url] Style is JBAL_45.STY (Jazz Ballad at T=45 - Slow Balla) Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic String Bass (33), Acoustic Piano (1), Nylon String Guitar (25), Strings (49), MIDI SuperTracks in song: ~~1895:Piano, Rhythm Jazz Sw 085 RealDrums in Song:JazzSwingLewis^02-a:Brushes, Snare , b:Ride and Hihat Cheers Mike B.
Replies 0 Views 2 Read More
Re: Hard To Say Goodbye PeterF 36 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Peter. Yet another fine song for you and Leon to add to your collection. Right from the start you grabbed me and held my attention. The lyrics are excellent and your performance is superb. What had me thinking the most was just how polished this sounded. I heard nothing that said "home studio". This music is radio ready from start to end. I thoroughly enjoyed listening. --Noel
Noel Thanks a lot very kind of you say. Peter
Replies 33 Views 736 Read More
Re: Hard To Say Goodbye PeterF 36 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by firesong
Peter and Leon...really well done production...I loved the vocals....the harmonies were cool...and the guitar work was stellar (of coarse!)...reminded me of the great rock tunes of the late 60's early 70's!
Dan Appreciate the comments thanks. Peter
Replies 33 Views 736 Read More
Re: That Man Scott C 50 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Lovely song Floyd. Awesome vocal and really loved the lyric. Emotional delivery and backtrack. Perfect production..
Replies 19 Views 442 Read More
Re: She told me she loved me Scott C 53 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Really nice backtrack. Very cool groove. Smooth. Vocals were excellent. Well done.
Replies 20 Views 550 Read More
Re: Using BIAB in various time signatures 5/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, 11/4 etc. Mike Halloran 55 minutes ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I am enjoying this.
Replies 51 Views 1,173 Read More
Re: Zuzu Two Too Scott C 55 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Cool groove. If you bring up the drums a bit would be a really cool driving tune. Well done
Replies 17 Views 176 Read More
Re: Cave Man Scott C 57 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Excellent tune. Riff is very catchy. Super vocal and lyric
Replies 10 Views 140 Read More
Re: The Water and the Wine (w/Fresh Fire) firesong 59 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
Awesome, Dan! Wonderful production - music tracks and vox! Lyrics and melody exceptional as usual. Dewey
Dewey...thanks so much...I appreciate it...Dan
Replies 6 Views 188 Read More
Re: Flight of the Heart Scott C 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase
lovely song James. Very cool chord progressions. Well done
Replies 11 Views 162 Read More
Re: I'll Keep Holding On Guitarhacker 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase
That's a real treat. Fat, full, production.
Replies 25 Views 692 Read More
Re: Is there a style with brass section hits in the style of Chicago? AudioTrack 1 hour ago Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I listened to a lot of Styles that contained the name [Chicago] but nearly all didn't have any brass instruments. _FRAME.STY was about the only one that included Horns. it was suggested for the song 'Felling Stronger Every Day'. Memo: This smooth jazz style features a 10-part horn section backed by guitar, piano, bass, and drums. -Examples: Feels So Good, Breezin'. Local Hero, Genre "Intensity" Score=76/100 _FRAME.STY. Frame Smooth Jazz Groove All RealTracks. Quintet. Tempo=80 (60-110) Instruments: El.Bass, El.Piano, El.Guitar, HornSection, Drums RD: LaPopJazzSlowEv16: a: Snare, HiHat b: Busy Snare, Ride :Craig Scott RT909: Bass, Electric, SmoothPoppy Ev16 090 , Vernon Barbary RT910: Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothBallad Ev16 065 , Jeff Lorber RT3331: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzyPop16thsMark Ev16 080 , Mark Lettieri RT2781: Horn Section, Background CroonerBossa10-Part Ev 110 , Jim Clark Not really at the [Chicago] level though in my view.
Replies 1 Views 40 Read More
Re: A couple of things to read Mike Halloran 1 hour ago Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
I don't know the first book but I have a copy of This Business of Music by Shemel & Krasilovsky 4th Edition. Not sure if it's the same book as you're referring too. That is a book everyone who's serious about this business should have on their shelves and should have read at least once, to get a good understanding of the basic business practices in the music industry. It's handy to refer back to it on occasion as well. I actually had 2 copies at one time but gave one of my copies to a young musician who was asking me a lot of questions so I figured he would benefit from the book and I didn't need two copies on my shelf. I think This Business of Music is out of print now.
I know the book and many others. My problem with This Business of Music by Shemel & Krasilovsky is that the 5th Edition was published in 1985 and the 10th Edition was 2007. Everything about the music business has changed except for the merch table. Even what was once consiidered bedrock info about Copyright registration and the PROs no longer applies. For years, my #1 recommendation was Making It With Music: Kenny Rogers' Guide to the Music Business written after his bands broke up and before his solo career took off. It's still a good book on how to manage the business end of a band and not blow through all of your money and songwriting credits but as a guide to anything outside that bubble, it's useless. It's still entertaining and he told some great stories about long ago and far away. The Brabecs' (2018) and my distant cousin's (2017) are far newer but still beyond obsolete. Peter Thall's What They'll Never Tell You About the Music Business: The Myths, the Secrets, the Lies (And a Few Truths), while a good read, hasn't been updated since 2017. No, I can't recommend any of them except the Passman which is too bad. I hope he puts out a supplement in the fall instead of waiting a few years to do a major update.
Replies 2 Views 112 Read More
Re: WAVED GOODBYE rsdean 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase
Dan, Thank you. That’s very kind. Bob
Replies 21 Views 547 Read More
Is there a style with brass section hits in the style of Chicago? conticreative 2 hours ago Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have been looking for the past hour and I came out empty handed. Is there a style that recreates brass section hits in the style of Chicago or any R&B style with a similar setup? I am thinking Earth Wind & Fire, Le Chic, and similar. If it exists, I am using the wrong keywords to find it and I'd appreciate some help. Thank you.
Replies 1 Views 40 Read More
Re: UNIQUE DRUM AND OTHER TRICKS WITH REALBAND> (RB)....including how to do modern songs. justanoldmuso 2 hours ago Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
11…Fancy drum Solos. ( and other solos ?...lol.). Why do I create songs ? …my wife says it's some 'primal urge'...lol…and would you believe.. She even heartily pushes me to do more and is a great critic of my work which is why I dedicated the 'Pretty Girl' song in my sig to her for her patience. Maybe it's because I come from a very musical family…dunno. but for me it's all about enjoyment and having lots of fun. I agree with Dr PG…have lots of fun. Part of that fun is finding new ways to do things with what one has and be inventive like the brilliant hit song 'telstar' decades ago in the 60's that needed a special effect so they used a 'toilet flush sound' reversed. (just google telstar.) So let's consider for fun how to be inventive with drum tracks. note… in my rb/bb wishes ive suggested that drums should be treated differen from other musical instruments and deserve their own special features and tracks. but until those special features are included in rb/bb there are many things we can do including getting drum solos for song intros or in the middle of a song, and even creating 'illusions' of two drummers in a song. In summary there are many ways to have fun and be creative in creating drum tracks. I'll cover those alternatives as follows… 1..please read these tips of mine as one technique to save me from retyping. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=797927#Post797927 2..another fun alternative.….useing bb/rb midi generated drum tracks. in bb and rb you can generate lots of midi tracks NOT ONLY for drums but also a cornucopia of loads of different midi instrument tracks in tons of different music genres...(includeing 'modern genres'.) we can use these instrument midi tracks in new ways…one being 'drum solos'. huh ? Is he nuts ? I can hear you thinking…. well actually NO…there's lots of fun to be had using instrument midi tracks in new ways….via experimentation. for example…let's say we want a funky drum solo at beginning of a song or as an intermission scat in the middle of a song…here's a couple of ways… ..remember the fill track with a drum pattern feature ? experiment with different drum pattern (dp) files. for example just because the song is a rock song…let's think laterally and use other drum patterns and/or ones youve made yourself ie there are lots of dp standard patterns you could use or modify. so generate different dp tracks…and then experiment with editing the best bits together to get a funky drum solo going with a drum plugin vsti or see what you can do with the free pg synthmaster or sforzando plugins with their own funky drum sounds. the skys the limit…..if you also try various editing tricks. eg in rb bars or tracks views you could mix n match n mash up loads of different patterns to create intricate drum solos. ..purposely create midi tracks generated in styles meant for instruments but then instead of the instrument…use drum patches. also experiment with tempos etc…and here's a MAJOR tip… in piano roll let's say you see the midi notes for an instrument or drums track…once again experiment with moving midi notes up and down (from eg…a genned midi track for an instrument..) driving a drum plug in. eg you have a midi piano track genned…copy it to another track and insert a drum plugin or synthhmaster (for modern sounds)...and see if you can get a funky drum solo with some editing in piano roll. In summary there are many ways to get interesting drum solos…its a question of using all the features at your disposal and testing. For example, people say doubtfully 'I cant modern drum sounds'...i totally disagree. just a few weeks ago i had generated a single note midi stream not meant for drums…a solo for another instrument and plugged in synthmaster and got all manner of modern drums. to summarise you dont have to spend big on sample packs etc etc and other paid software if you're willing to get 'down and dirty' with various approaches. Now 'PLEASE' see what you can do with the above hints for creating drum solos....there's LOTS OF FUN to be had. (its interesting to note from what ive seen over the years on the pg forums...many people with deep expertise in midi often appreciate rb's very deep midi features.... and dont run away from rb....in summary if you would take the time to RTFM for rb..and spend time with rb.. and develope midi expertise..you'll be rewarded. let me say..even though ive used rb for a long time... i still find neat rb features to use.) (more to come.) happiness. om (who isnt THAT OLD…lmao.)
Replies 16 Views 468 Read More
Re: Why own music? dcuny 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic
Rather than only posting a link to a video, how about summarizing the video, and saying what you thought made it worth watching? Thanks!
Replies 1 Views 57 Read More
Re: Ooh Ya Ya NigelSpiers Yesterday at 11:58 PM Forum: User Showcase
Hi Floyd, Thanks for your comments. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 32 Views 895 Read More
Selling BIAB Audiophile 2023 on USB Hard drive - MAC version link in post joden Yesterday at 11:36 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 0 Views 37 Read More
Selling BIAB Audiophile 2023 on USB Hard drive joden Yesterday at 11:35 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
No longer using it as I have sold off the Mac and going fully iOS with the new iPad and Logic Pro. Will keep the Sufrace pro and my Windows BIAB drive just in case I need it in the future but the Mac version Audiophile is available. $650 AUD (that's ab out $400 USD) - open to small negotiation. Will post anywhere in the World at buyer cost. Please contact via PM if interested.
Replies 0 Views 34 Read More
Re: Silver Dollars Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:21 PM Forum: User Showcase
I enjoyed your instrumental, especially your guitar work!
Replies 13 Views 394 Read More
Re: Sultry Sway Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:16 PM Forum: User Showcase
Hot track. Cool riff Dave is playing. That bass is growling. "I wake alone on my bedroom floor, assess the shape I'm in" Good opening line. Is there something you want to tell us? laugh
Replies 23 Views 496 Read More
Re: I'll Keep Holding On Deej56 Yesterday at 10:55 PM Forum: User Showcase
Izzy, Hans, Marty, Laurent, Floyd, Noel, J&B, Ezekiel and Elvis: Thanks to you all for the listens and great feedback. So pleased everyone seemed to enjoy the listen! Stay well, each and all of you, Deej
Replies 25 Views 692 Read More
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) Deej56 Yesterday at 10:51 PM Forum: User Showcase
Ron, Very cool listen! Really like the lyrics to this one . . . chorus has a nice catchy feel to it. Production is clean and right spot on. Like the little harmonies you have running through the verses, and it the chorus. Nice imagery. Yeah, and that chorus (nice addition of the "oohs" on the last choruses). Good stuff! My best to you, Deej
Replies 9 Views 319 Read More
Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 112 113
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,818
Posts737,588
Members38,592
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
eljayjay, tommy kissner, Namahi, JumpinJackP, xristos69
38,592 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 158