Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Respect Yourself, Live busking performance DonnyGee 5 seconds ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by PeterF
The backing was a bit muffled but had a nice J J Cale like vibe to the song. Nice work. Peter
Hi Peter, yea that was recorded using his phone, so the quality got compromised, but for a phone, not bad. Thanks for all the love.
Replies 2 Views 15 Read More
Re: Hard To Say Goodbye PeterF 47 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Deej56
Peter and Leon: Nice welcoming sounds on the open . . . engaging from the start. Like the vocal and harmonies . . . though I wonder if the lead vocal is a bit too far out in front. Listening on headphones, so maybe not. Like the song structure . . Hmm, who is singing the BGVs? They are well done. Like the lead guitar a lot. Cool 60's vibe on this one . . . liking that organ a lot--nice production choice. Good work! Deej
Thanks Deej. I'm doing the backing vocals. Peter
Replies 2 Views 36 Read More
Re: I'll Keep Holding On rayc 51 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I don't know Deej: your mixing & treatment made my little doodles sound cool so I suspect you're pretty good at mixing - plus the sound is big without being OTT so I say GREAT work mate. Thank for that. Thanks for the chance to play on another of your songs.
Replies 1 Views 6 Read More
Re: Prayer Wheels - Spirit Level - aka Robert C and Scott C Scott C 57 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Scott / Robert, this is fantastic. A little different but equally as good as everything else you have done. Great vocal and lyrics. Tasty lead guitar! Nice mix.
Thanks Mario for the kind words. So glad you liked the song. Your comments are very much appreciated.
Originally Posted by firesong
Scott and Robert...another mystical journey in musical style and lyrical content...very well done in every aspect...excellent track and the guitar work is exquisite!
Thanks Dan for checking out the song. So glad you liked it..
Replies 14 Views 239 Read More
Re: NO REVOLUTION Scott C 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sad song Bob. Always a risk exposing one self to love. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't. Excellent vocal and lyric. Well done
Replies 24 Views 250 Read More
Re: First Love Scott C 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very pretty song Mario. I thought the flute was kind of cool. Bassoon was very nice as well. Lovely delicate melody. Well done.
Replies 20 Views 264 Read More
With Help From AI, Randy Travis Got His Voice Back Jim Fogle 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+++ HERE +++ is an Associated Press article that details how artificial intelligence was used to create vocals for a new Randy Travis song. Randy Travis is a an award winning country music singer who lost his voice to a stroke. +++ HERE +++ is a video of his new song.
Replies 28 Views 764 Read More
Re: SAM ASH CLOSING ALL OF ITS STORES Rob Helms 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Man, i was going down to Sam Ash a while back in White Plains and never got there. Bummah! Matt have you been to Alto's in either Newburgh or Wappingers falls?
Replies 4 Views 97 Read More
Re: Hard To Say Goodbye Deej56 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Peter and Leon: Nice welcoming sounds on the open . . . engaging from the start. Like the vocal and harmonies . . . though I wonder if the lead vocal is a bit too far out in front. Listening on headphones, so maybe not. Like the song structure . . Hmm, who is singing the BGVs? They are well done. Like the lead guitar a lot. Cool 60's vibe on this one . . . liking that organ a lot--nice production choice. Good work! Deej
Creating a Cover tune in RB. Rob Helms 1 hour ago Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This something i have done over a 100 times in the past. Why RB, and not Reaper, Studio one, Cakewalk etc? Okay here is why. Because you can compare midi and Audio so seamlessly Let me explain. Here is my process. 1. import a midi tune for a cover song. great right? sound okay but a tad mechanical. Okay add higher quality synths, work each track over to get more realistic phrasing. Awesome right? Maybe but usually, it sounds a bit weak compared to the original tune and also sounds like a karaoke song at best. So you say i want to put my own spin but retain the signature licks. 2. audition a few RealTracks to replace a couple of the midi tracks. Here is where RB shines. You can with the greatest of ease A B the tracks and hear them in the song mute and unmute each work your way through the song and only replace what make the song a bit better and make it your take on the song. 3. spend your midi and synth processing for the signature licks. Now you can use Playable tracks to link the midi to a RT sound that gives more realism to the lick. Okay why not with a different DAW and the plugin? because it is just easier in RB due to the ability to not have to manipulate all the tracks without bouncing and syncing a plugin with a DAW. TShis is just one more thing RB does really well. It has very robust midi, and excellent RT/RD tools, and the ability to incorporate Playable tracks.
Replies 0 Views 16 Read More
I'll Keep Holding On Deej56 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, all: Well, it’s been a while . . . I’ve been on a bit of break musically, and I haven’t visited the forum much these past number of weeks (though did get time to listen to a few here and there along the way). Nonetheless, I have a lot of catching up to do. I’d like to say that my musical hiatus was by design, but sadly it’s more attributable to lack of creativity and motivation. After quite the dry spell, I have written two new songs. Not so sure about one of them, but here’s the other. On the production side, a HUGE shout out to Rayc, who plays bass on this one. It’s the third song of mine that Ray has played on, and the songs are all the better for it. But on this one, Ray also provided me with some additional and killer guitar and string tracks that really added some teeth to the chorus, giving it the angry edge it desperately needed. I’ve done my best to do justice to his great contributions, but then mixing has never been my strong suit. And any shortcomings are solely on my shoulders. But it’s as far along as I think I can take it for now. As alway, I’m hoping your additional feedback and suggestions will help me bake this a bit more more. I hope you are all safe and well— Deej Here’s the song: I'LL KEEP HOLDING ON Here are the lyrics: Something new to something old Something once so warm That now has turned so bitter cold You just can’t disguise The love you’ve lost therein your eyes But I’m not letting go So twist the knife Watch me bleed Just say goodbye before you leave From tonight Until the break of every dawn I’ll keep holding on So pull the shade and walk away Shed your tears and tell them all your so okay Try who you want you be Erase me from your memory But I won’t let you fade So twist the knife Watch me bleed Just say goodbye before you leave From tonight Until the break of every dawn I’ll keep holding on And here’s the band: Bass: Ray Cochrane RealTracks 1181: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking PopWaltz RealTracks 1764: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Pop16ths RealTracks 1761: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths RealTracks 3554: Multi[Thickened=5] String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall RealTracks 2503: Piano, Acoustic, HeldChords 085 RealTracks 3268: Cello, Background CelticWaltz RealDrums: AltRockSlowSteady8ths^4 Rhythm Guitars: Ray Cochrane Additional Strings: Midi and a Mellotron VST (Ray Cochrane)
Replies 1 Views 6 Read More
Hard To Say Goodbye PeterF 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hard To Say Goodbye A new one from me and Leon. Vocal & Lyric - Leon I played guitar and sang. The Band: RealTracks in style: ~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120 RealTracks in style: ~686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120 RealTracks in style: 1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockA-B Ev 120 RealTracks in style: 1681:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120 RealDrums in style:PraiseWorshipPowerPush^1-a:Quarter Kick , b:Pushed Snare, Hihat Hard To Say Goodbye It’s hard – to say goodbye It’s hard – to say goodbye It’s easy to pretend This day will never end But it’s hard – to say goodbye It’s easy – for a bird to fly Feel right at home up in the sky But it’s hard to let you go So hard to let you go It’s easy – for a bird to fly Wish we could feel like this forever Wish we could feel like this forever It’s hard – to keep it real All these emotions to conceal It’s easy to lose control Pour out what’s in my soul But it’s hard – to keep it real Wish we could feel like this forever [Solo] It’s hard – to say goodbye It’s hard – to say goodbye It’s easy to believe There is no need to leave But it’s hard – to say goodbye it’s so hard – to say goodbye Wish we could feel like this forever Wish we could feel like this forever It’s hard – to keep it real All these emotions to conceal It’s easy to lose control Pour out what’s in my soul But it’s hard – to keep it real Wish we could feel like this forever [Outro]
Re: AI and the Future Planobilly 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by jpettit
Originally Posted by DrDan
The more I learn, the more I fear the future.
Thanks, --- food for thought... Drum machine > Autotune > Samples > BIAB > AI plugins > AI music. Reply written by MS Copilot Chat GTP 3.5): Video summary: The video, featuring Rick Beato and titled "Did AI Just End Music? (Now it’s Personal)," explores the impact of AI on music creation. It discusses AI-generated music platforms like Udio and Sunno AI, which allow users to create music with simple text prompts. The video delves into the history of computer-assisted music, the technical workings of AI music apps, and the ethical concerns surrounding their use of copyrighted material. It also examines the potential effects on the music industry and musicians' livelihoods. **Highlights**: + [00:00:00] **Introduction to AI-generated music** * AI platforms can create complete songs from text prompts * Examples of AI-generated music in various genres are showcased + [00:03:04 ]**Impact on the music industry** * AI music systems could affect musicians and the industry * Discussion with musicians Rick Beato and Taryn Southern + [00:10:09] **Technical workings of AI music apps** * Explanation of neural networks and audio diffusion * Comparison of AI music apps like Udio and Sunno AI + [00:14:00] **Ethical concerns and copyright issues** * Debate over AI's use of copyrighted material * Open letter from artists against AI infringement + [00:16:14] **Future of music with AI** * Speculation on AI's role in music charts and creativity * Personal reflections on the use of AI in music creation Whether AI's impact on music is good or bad can be subjective and depends on various perspectives. From a **creative standpoint**, AI can be seen as a powerful tool that enables creators to generate music in new and innovative ways. It can help musicians experiment with different styles and sounds, and even assist those without musical training to create their own compositions. However, from an **ethical standpoint**, there are concerns. The use of AI in music raises questions about copyright infringement, especially if the AI is trained on existing copyrighted music. This could potentially harm artists who rely on royalties from their work. From an **industry standpoint**, the rise of AI-generated music could disrupt the traditional music industry. If AI becomes capable of producing chart-topping hits, it could potentially affect the livelihoods of professional musicians. In conclusion, like any technology, AI in music has its pros and cons. It's important to have ongoing discussions about how to best use this technology in a way that benefits everyone involved. How will PGM embrace? Here’s a sample response: Written by MS Copilot Chat GTP 3.5): “AI’s impact on music is indeed profound and transformative. As PGM Peter Gannon Music, we recognize the potential of AI as a tool for creativity and innovation. However, we also understand the ethical and copyright concerns that come with it. We believe it’s crucial to have clear guidelines and policies for AI-generated music to ensure fair use and protect the rights of all artists. The rise of AI in music presents both opportunities and challenges for musicians. While it could open up new avenues for creativity, it could also disrupt traditional structures in the music industry. Looking ahead, we see a future where AI and musicians coexist and collaborate, each bringing unique value to the music creation process. We are excited to be part of this journey and are committed to navigating these changes in a way that respects and uplifts the music community.” As Peter would say... Have Fun! wink
If you go listen to the whole video with Rick, he made a comment to the effect "when will you be a cover band for AI". I think we will have AI "artist" who will become popular in the same way real artist are popular. If people like a song I don't think they will care if it is AI generated. If people like a video image I don't think they will care if it is real or not. This is really not something new. Snow White comes to mind.... I think we will have AI impersonaters the same way we have Elvis impersonaters. I also think the advancements in AI are coming in the very near future, less that two or three years. Imagine that you had never seen Michel Jackson in person. Consider if he never existed and today through techonology someone created his likeness and whole body of work. Would those music videos be any less interesting? One thing that has been consistently true is that technology continues to advance no matter what laws we put in place to prevent it. Even laws that address such serious issues such as nuclear proliferation are in general meaningless. Do you really think there is no condition that certain world actors would be stoped from pushing the button? It's most likely not AI that we should fear, it is people. At least not in the near future. Cheers, Billy
Replies 28 Views 764 Read More
Re: The Outskirts Of Fun (with floyd and PeterF) PeterF 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Janice & Bud. Listening to that was much closer to fun than the outskirts. smile Sounds great: up front, well balanced, clear. Bud (and Ozone) got the job done! Vocals are, as always, excellent. I kept wondering "who's singing that male harmony?" even though I knew it was floyd jane. All the instruments sound great, including Peter on the guitar. Nice work, all!
Thanks for mentioning my small part in this. Peter
Replies 19 Views 191 Read More
Re: Time to Play Some Blues PeterF 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dave & Marty Epic playing all round. Nice smokey vocal and some great soloing - I liked that you played a lot on this one Dave. Superb blues rock. Peter
Replies 30 Views 609 Read More
Re: Prayer Wheels - Spirit Level - aka Robert C and Scott C PeterF 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Robert and Scott, Excellent vocal and excellent guitar work. A very nice overall composition and a good video accompaniment. Enjoyed! Peter
Replies 14 Views 239 Read More
Re: I'm Not Ready PeterF 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
floyd Always hard to follow when Noel and others are so eloquent. So just - Excellent! Peter
Replies 33 Views 863 Read More
Re: Ooh Ya Ya NigelSpiers 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Hans, Thanks for all your kind comments - much appreciated and glad you enjoyed the song. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 24 Views 598 Read More
Re: My Soul's One Song PeterF 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan Lovely arrangement - the vocal programming is superb. Very well done. Peter
Replies 14 Views 163 Read More
Re: The Ballad of the Single Cat PeterF 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
James A very nice instrumental, can't go wrong with resonator guitar. Peter
Replies 14 Views 211 Read More
Re: The Outskirts Of Fun (with floyd and PeterF) Janice & Bud 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Man, this is so good! There is just something about Janice's voice that makes me smile every time I hear it, you can hear the joy in it. Floyd sounds great on the harmonies of course, the two voices blend so well. And Peter always plays the perfect part. Read your comment about using reference tracks with Ozone, Bud, that's on my list of things to try. Maybe our next song wink Excellent track!
Well that comment certainly made her smile too! Thanks for all you wrote. I’m pleased with the reference approach so far and have only made minor tweaks to the modules. It does take us a while to come up with the “right” reference though. Your review is appreciated! J&B
Replies 19 Views 191 Read More
Re: Victory For Viktor PeterF 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well produced ambitious piece. Very well done and evocative. Vocals sound fine. Peter
Replies 20 Views 253 Read More
Re: Breaking The Wall PeterF 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Janne Haven't heard a BIAB song sound quite like this. A nice huge sound, and excellent Synth V programming. Very clever and original. Peter
Replies 8 Views 111 Read More
Re: Green Is So Much Greener Without Blue PeterF Yesterday at 11:57 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Infectious pop very well produced. What did you use to make the lyric video? Excellent work. Peter
Replies 47 Views 1,955 Read More
Re: Breaking The Wall Deej56 Yesterday at 11:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Janne, What a killer opening! Great mix and use of vocaloids. Might be my favorite from you . . . it’s just a wall of impressive sounds . . . I’m halfway through and already know I’m going to listen to this one again, if just to further appreciate all the nuances in the production. Excellent, excellent work! Oh, and love the ingenious insertion of the accordion on this tune! My very best to you, Deej
Replies 8 Views 111 Read More
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,726
Posts736,570
Members38,556
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Rogee, John Dharmawan, hughesai, BabzColl, bluejaffa
38,555 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 189