Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Musescore studio DrDan 16 minutes ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You have to keep in mind, this incredible and powerful app is - IS FREE!! Even if you don't know a tuplet from a triplet or fotissimo from forte you should have this app on your computer so you can someday learn!
Replies 1 Views 12 Read More
Re: Perfect Harmony - Sinatra anyone? rayc 39 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The doubled vocal is slightly out of time on the 1st couple of syllables - giving a slight delay/chorus effect. I think the snare hits are a little loud & harsh for the arrangement. The stereo image seems a bit too wide for the song. Lovely melody and a cool pastiche of the genre. I don't hear any Sinatra - then again I'm on team AntiFrank. Well done.
Replies 17 Views 5,229 Read More
Re: The Outskirts Of Fun (with floyd and PeterF) rayc 44 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bud, Janice, Floyd & Peter = a Dream Team. I woke up and the dream was real...real good fun too. Everything to love & nothing to nit pick. WONDERFUL.
Replies 15 Views 172 Read More
Re: EDM 2 Birchwood 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Mario, No, I don't like the EDM style. But you are doing a great job trying to make something out of it, And that is your biggest achievement. Doing something that isn't really your thing. Technically, I think you need to add more lofi in it. The bass sounds must be dominant. On the other hand, the flow you created is very good. I think young people will dance on it and get crazy! I admire your creativity, but I always do that when listening to your songs. But this one... It was a challenge listen to it till the end ;-) Hans
Replies 14 Views 275 Read More
Re: AND WHEN SHE LOVES ME_David Snyder Birchwood 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi David, You searched the edges with this song. At least to me. It's very creative, with a very sudden ending, but one that I really had to get used to. I hope she still loves you... The nice thing was; While I was wondering how you make a song like that, it put a big smile on my face. Even my wife asked if I was okay... I think I love you too (in a right way, of course) Hans
Replies 2 Views 21 Read More
Re: UJAM Silk - $10 shlind 1 hour ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
There is a SILK 2 upgrade available (14$/14eur).
Replies 9 Views 629 Read More
Re: Fat Guy, a song done by Marty and me Birchwood 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Elliott and Scott, Well, that were nice replies on the song. Thanks for that!
Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
Funny fat song. With a big fat sound, and a big fat guitar. Great job! My only comment is your vocals mix has a bit too much fat reverb it is muddling up your funny fat lyrics. I like it, and the video ... This reminds me I have to get to the gym.
Ha, ha, Elliott, what a funny response! And so good, compared with the 'fat' song! About your comment on the reverb, I didn't notice any muddling (listened severall times after what you said. But I agrree it was a bit a fat reverb, in this fat song. So it had to be a fat surprise after all. According to your picture, 'fat' is not your problem...
Originally Posted by Scott C
Excellent tune Hans. Martys basslines can really bring the song to the next level. Super vocal. Loved the energy. Well done.
Hi Scott, Marty liked the 'fat' song very much. His grandchild had some problems with it, but I assured her that I don't make fun of fat people. But my grandchild (almost 3 years old) loves the song. She always asks me to play it again. It could be, because of the many fries and nuggets.... Thank you for your compliments about the song and Marty's part in it. Hans
Replies 22 Views 587 Read More
Re: NO REVOLUTION rsdean 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dave, Much appreciated. Thank you. Bob
Replies 21 Views 231 Read More
Respect Yourself, Live busking performance DonnyGee 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Respect Yourself . Hey hey, my friend came by to film me yesterday, here is the live performance track for Respect Yourself. Please comment. ****** Song Summary ************* Title: Respect Yourself File:Respect Yourself.SGU Key=Bm , Tempo 112, Length (m:s)=2:34 8 bar intro, 20 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 28. Repeat x3 choruses No Melody No Soloist track. Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0, Style is _METTLE.STY (Mettle Gritty Country Blues) Style MIDI Instruments are : 17/1 Detuned Drawbar Organ, GM2 Bank 1, RealTracks in style: 1417:Bass, Electric, RootsRock Ev 100 RealTracks in style: 2634:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBluesRock Ev 110 RealTracks in style: 2635:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBluesRockHigh Ev 110 RealTracks in song: 2346:Horn Section, Rhythm, Funk 2-part, Ev 110 RealDrums in style:NashvilleEven8^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride *******************
Replies 0 Views 5 Read More
Re: AI and the Future jpettit 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by dcuny
Most likely. AI companies would love the laws to allow copyright to be assigned to AI created works.
Well, what's in the courts is the other way around but will be hard to prove when it creates at the pixel/bit level.
Replies 26 Views 718 Read More
Re: Green Is So Much Greener Without Blue B.D.Thomas 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
B.D.Thomas Short and sweet but it is really a great tight sounding production! I can't get over how great those vocals sound! I have noticed that all of your productions sound really good! Take care, TB
Thanks, Torrey, for listening and your nice comment, especially about the general production of my songs, because I see myself more as a producer than a musician.
Replies 45 Views 1,942 Read More
Re: Breaking The Wall B.D.Thomas 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool song with some interesting changes, I like that. Too bad I can't stand Ninezero's nasal voice (he always sounds like he has the sniffles), but that's not your fault.
Replies 6 Views 103 Read More
Re: Victory For Viktor Bass Thumper 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rayc
I think they call it "program music" where the music tells a tale & tat tales is written down for those listening to follow. Interesting take...well recorded.
Thanks Ray. But I nor my AI assistant know what "tat tales" are. Did you mean something else? "The term “tat tales” does not have a widely recognized or standard meaning in English."
Replies 19 Views 242 Read More
Re: Do songwriters have a future? Gordon Scott 4 hours ago Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It's funny ... sometimes I treat the lyrics as a tone poem and don't care about the words; sometimes the lyrics are vital. I've long loved the lyrics by Pete Sinfield on the King Crimson songs. Edgy, surreal, powerful, attention-grabbing. The first song that came to mind was "The Letters", to which I listened, before checking his song list that reminded me of so many others. There are a couple of other things that stand out to me about the song ... with hindsight it's quite distinctly jazz, and the dynamic range, in comparison with modern productions is absolutely huge, as it was on many of their songs from that time.
Replies 8 Views 265 Read More
Re: The Ballad of the Single Cat musician17 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
smile smile smile You always write the nicest and funniest comments, Marty. Thanks for making me smile smile D'you know, I myself am none too sure what this cat wanted from the inside of the pub. Maybe companionship? Maybe a friendly, listening ear? Maybe a stiff drink, or even a combination of these things, perhaps? Well, it wasn't let in, so we'll never know, right? smile As for the chain of pubs, what a great idea ... were it not for the fact that I have a sneaking suspicion that this particular cat is actually teetotal ... though one doesn't have to actually drink in order to own a chain of pubs, true ... Thanks so much for your comments ... as usual, far, far too kind smile
Replies 13 Views 203 Read More
Re: My Soul's One Song floyd jane 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Beautiful, Dan. Well written. Terrific simple production. Voices sound good. The harmonies are especially nice. Good mix. Nice! fj
Replies 11 Views 151 Read More
Re: I'm Not Ready floyd jane 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Oh, I was defintiely ready for another one of yours, floyd. Your inspiration is unending. Love the soft beginning in this one. The way you craft a song is so pro from germ to master. You wear so many hats and they all fit tailor made. "i'm not ready for you to be.... just a memory." What a terrific hook. Heck the quality of your vocal is enough to crave a re-listen, but that hook and the heartfelt lyrics elevate the crave to a demand.
Thanks, Marty. Bill deserves most of the lyric credit on this one. It's nice to have co-writers who know what they are doing... smile
Originally Posted by gman97040
From my novice experience what you recorded is not easy to do. Clean Acoustic guitar with great tone and matching vocals. There is nothing to hide behind in the mix just you. Great lyrics too.
Thanks, gman. That acoustic guitar is an early BIAB acoustic (so is available in all the packages). So anyone can get that sound!
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Floyd, The sparse accompaniment is perfect! Nothing more is needed! Your great vocal carries the tune in fine fashion! The greats of the past could do that! Jonny Cash comes to mind in that regard! It's a wonderful touching song that has so much potential that it will be a crime if it doesn't get the exposure it deserves! Take care, TB
Very nice of you to say, Torrey...thanks...
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
“I can't bear to have the future... just faded photographs a love too quickly buried with a needless epitaph” Nice! And what a rhyme. As you’ve noted Bill’s prosody is very good and then you match that to your rich vocals and poignant melody and arranging skills and voila, a lovely song is born. This may be an oldie from the earlier BiaB days but it is also a goodie! Great by all the measures. Enjoyed it! J&B
Thanks, y'all!! smile
Replies 32 Views 856 Read More
Re: First Love David Snyder 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yeah this is great. My parents had a bunch of "wine and champagne and roses" style easy listening music albums back in the day, and this sounds so much like it. Like Henry Mancini. Maybe you could post this to SongTradr for sync licensing for retro movies! smile
Replies 19 Views 258 Read More
Re: Prayer Wheels - Spirit Level - aka Robert C and Scott C floyd jane 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Scott & Robert, LOVE your opening. The clean, exacting guitar is done to a T. Robert's lyrics are always interesting and thought-provoking. Good tracks. Nice mix. Cool video. fj
Replies 12 Views 225 Read More
Re: There is a Savior firesong 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Scott C
Very pretty song Dan. You are really getting a handle on the vocaloids. This technology amazes me. Song lyric and production was first class. Well done..
Thanks Scott...I always appreciate your opinions...Dan
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I'm glad you finished the song! Such a beautiful melody. Synth voices sound good, but I miss hearing your voice. Excellent work on the instruments you played. You are a great talent!
Scott...thanks...I miss singing and recording but the vocal chords are broken (not literally but for all practical purposes)...I appreciate the compliment...Dan
Replies 22 Views 361 Read More
Re: Don't Walk Away, Original Live Busking firesong 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Donny...very pro sounding track...your vocal is perfect for the style...cool and laid back...but I do agree with Elliot on the length and structure...a great start.
Replies 8 Views 72 Read More
Re: Time to Play Some Blues David Snyder 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great job guys! This sure is some classic epic blues playing all around. Definitely hear some buddy guy in this!! smile
Replies 29 Views 603 Read More
Re: Did you say love? cubanpete 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you Noel, David and Ron for listening. BTW Ron, you're absolutely right, except for written tunes, most of Jazz improv and jam sessions are lacking a melody line, that's just the nature of the style. Thanks for bringing that up. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 10 Views 130 Read More
Re: AMERICAN MADE_David Snyder David Snyder 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey thanks so much Floyd! I appreciate that Buddy! smile
Replies 27 Views 503 Read More
Re: UNIQUE DRUM TRICKS WITH REALBAND> (RB). justanoldmuso 8 hours ago Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Rob for your contribution. much appreciated....you are correct... (i'm a reaps user from v0.99 and done a ton of songs useing it plus rb/bb combo cos each has their own plusses and minuses.)... rb has in fact unique features i havent seen in any other music app includeing reaps. to other rb users feel free to post your own tips… because as rb is so choc full of features i'm sure i'm gonna forget lots of things. also i'm hoping new pg users read this... thus i must go into certain levels of detail that existing long time users would already know. 4..a recap. if you want a 'modern song' you must use modern sounds…RB HAS ZILCH TO DO WITH IT !!. Modern sounds can be found in many sources. viz… …pg content which is massive. including a ton of modern sounds. which you can bend/shape/mangle/pitch shift anyway you want….ive done this many times. …useing plugins with modern sounds driven by midi tracks. …useing sample libraries both free and paid. …recording tracks using external hardware. etc etc…to name a few. Think of it like an easter egg hunt….in your mind you have a vision for your song...thus begins the hunt for the sounds to realise your vision. rb (or bb) have nothing to do with it. it is up to YOU to locate or record the sounds to realise your vision. bottom line is if i or you can't lay down the sounds to realise your song vision…it's not the music apps fault. I fail many times… it's all part of the creating songs gig…but it's not the app's fault if i fail. I've seen it many many times on these forums… 'I want a xxx '...xxx being a genre or big name artist or group for example. pg software isnt stopping you…you can even create your own styles or modify a style. there's nothing to stop you using various tools to analyse a style or genre you're into… and then get cracking replicating that style using pg tools/pg content/third party content. frankly i could do hundreds of 'modern songs' using just SM, sfz and pg's huge sound content and free samples say from cm mag. ie…spoilt for choice. talking of sforzando that comes free from pg…let me admit my own stupidity in not realising something nice with sfz. (in my defence…lol…i'm no synth expert.) When I started checking out sfz i was demoing modern sounds by clicking at top left. THEN one day i said to myself 'hmm what does snapshot do' when sforzando first displayed with the timewarp logo…so i clicked on snapshot and lo and behold a menu appeared and various sub menus/settings i could use for 'modern sounds'. In summary, really explore sforzando deeply and its timewarp feature including all the various synth oscillators and other settings ... .like synthmaster it's rather amazing for modern sounds. Let's crack on… lots of things to cover. 5…i want to do a modern song in the style of 'abc famous artist' or 'xyz song.' i dont condone ripping off anyone. but a truism is various oldie hit songs might have been influenced by and have their roots in music genres of yore…ie…decades or even centuries ago. . So let's say a certain modern song or style gets you 'cranked up'..there are many techniques to analyse such…even as a music study/learning exercise. eg… ..sometimes there is info on the net. ..you can use analysis software which will report such things as tempo and chords etc etc. eg in pg products check out the audio chord analysis feature ACW. (see pg vids to save me lots of typing ... .NOTE rb supports 'fractional tempos'.) maybe you have, like i do…lots of rough song demos from years back done in studios…and you want to create a new pro modern song vibe for such. nothing to stop you doing that in rb. For example, just import your old demo into rb and apply the ACW. I did this the other day with an old demo of mine for fun. even though i knew the chords to my old demo…i saved lots of typing by letting the RB ACW detect the chords and only had just a few chord changes to make on the genned chord sheet. (note…dont expect song analysis software to do a perfect job. some effort will be needed on your part.) After getting the rb chord sheet i decided to start checking out the tons of rb stylepicker midi styles..and demoing the styles WITH MY CHORD SHEET in rb viz my song. If I came across a style that cranked me up I would save the style in my folder for the song. (I urge you to have separate song folders for each song you're working on.) let me say at this stage in song development in rb…i like to work fast…so i find working with midi tracks lets me do that. (Later on I will experiment with modern sounds in other pg content like rt's//rd's//supertracks etc etc.). Now some people might enter in the rb stylepicker 'modern sounds' or whatever. i dont do that…because from experience i find i miss lots of cool pg content. (unless it's just a quickie demo to see how well my vocals/lyrics work.) If I want a serious song result I put in serious work. just mucking around yesterday in rb stylepicker…i found a mind boggling amount of modern pg sounds i could use or dice/slice/change etc etc to make my new version of the old demo i did years ago sound great. in addition i found that just using sforzando and synthmaster plugins I was overloaded with ideas for the new song version. the problem ive found with having oodles of plugins is there are so many sound 'eggs or nuggets'...one never finishes a song. So I limit myself…make sense ? addendum. a tip the user might find usefull re the ACW. on a fast song its sometimes difficult to place the bar lines...sooo...i slow the song down by 50 percent prior to invoking the acw. this makes things a bit easier. just an idea. more to come. happiness. om
Replies 5 Views 157 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,723
Posts736,532
Members38,556
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Rogee, John Dharmawan, hughesai, BabzColl, bluejaffa
38,555 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 190