PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccoboni Bar setting at beat level - 04/24/24 05:07 PM
Hello,

Is it possible to specify a bar setting at the levels of part of the measure, for example to mute a track from the 3rd beat of the measure ?

Thank you for your attention
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bar setting at beat level - 04/24/24 05:25 PM
HI Riccoboni,

This is not possible using the Bar Settings menu.

It is possible using Audio Edit. Audio Edit is far more sophisticated than Bar settings and gives much better results.

If you go to 51:18 in the below video clip, there is a thorough explanation on "Volume node automation". This will do what you want.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Riccoboni Re: Bar setting at beat level - 04/25/24 08:49 AM
Thank you for your reply.

My track is a midi track, so I don't think I can use the Edit window.

I imagine I should be able to do the same thing from the piano rool?

I tried by editing the velocity, but unfortunately I can only get one event velocicy by note. So if I want to fade out on a half note it doesn't seem possible ....
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Bar setting at beat level - 04/25/24 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Riccoboni
Thank you for your reply.

My track is a midi track, so I don't think I can use the Edit window.

I imagine I should be able to do the same thing from the piano roll?

I tried by editing the velocity, but unfortunately I can only get one event velocity by note. So if I want to fade out on a half note it doesn't seem possible ....

Noel's answer above is for RealTracks and would be an excellent solution, except that you've now mentioned MIDI. The piano-roll will allow you to edit single notes, but not apply a fade using the velocity editor. However, MIDI has other controls.
MIDI Control Change 7 is volume,
MIDI CC 11 is Expression, which is only normally used to turn the volume down.

Try setting the View / Edit value to 'Control' and select '11 Expression MSB' then see it that allows you to fade the note by creating a curve on the bottom part of the Piano Roll window. It worked for me in my testing.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2024-04-25_21-42-25.jpg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bar setting at beat level - 04/25/24 12:41 PM
Adding to AT's message if you need an exact example:

Attached picture 1-volume changes.jpg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Bar setting at beat level - 04/25/24 03:55 PM
Noel's suggestion to use the Audio Editor worked when I tested because I found the audio editor's volume automation can affect midi, supermidi, artist performance tracks, realtracks and realdrums on the original tracks as well as the Utility Tracks and the Master Track will do a Fade Out to a midi Style Song.

In the attached images below, the first screen shot is a SuperMidi organ that was volume automated to mute a region while in its native midi state and afterward converted to an Artist Performance Track in order to display the WAV form in this post.

The second screen shot shows Master Track volume automation. Although no WAV form displays, the automated song Fade Out works.

Attached picture SuperMidi volume automated silence edit.jpg
Attached picture Fade a Midi Song in BIAB.jpg
Posted By: Riccoboni Re: Bar setting at beat level - 04/25/24 04:10 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to test this !
Very helpfull !
© PG Music Forums